For instructions on how to take care of your wool garments, please visit our How To Take Care of Wool page.
Wool is a wonderfully versatile material, but can require some special care in order to perform and last. If you accidentally shrink any of your wool garments, we recommend you follow the process below to reshape and recover your item.
1. Soak your garment for 20-60 minutes in a solution of room temperature water and a liquid sweater wash like Soak or Eucalan. These products can usually be found at your local yarn store, are reasonably priced, and should last a long time. Eucalan contains proteins to keep your sweater fibers strong and is recommended for sweater care in particular.
2. Drain the water but don't rinse the garment.
3. Lay your garment flat on a towel and roll the towel and garment like a wrap to squeeze out excess water. Do not wring it.
4. Lay your garment flat on a ventilated surface like a mesh sweater drying rack or even a piece of flat cork board.
5. Gently reshape the garment by stretching out the sleeves and body and pin it in place.
6. After about an hour, go back and shape the garment more if needed. Flip the garment over and re-pin if the back is still damp and the front is dry. You can repeat this entire process as needed, just be sure to let your garment fully dry in between.